Sunday, January 6, 2013

I Love Design (Part III) - When the 'Wall' Blocked My Way


 And many more competitions in which I participated as student in Elementary School. Beside won some painting competitions, I also won the title as champion of national – written English test in grade 4 (which was probably my very lucky. Haha). Finally, I ended up my Elementary with satisfaction of non-academic achievements (my academic level was average). My final exam score was exactly small. And with this poor score, I might not have studied in any favorite - Junior High Schools in Denpasar. However, I still had two chances to get the favorite schools.

 The first one, I got a chance to take the TPA test (a written test that was only held in several favorite schools) in SMPN 1 Denpasar. I got this chance as my academic-value was good and consistent since my first grade in Elementary School. Unfortunately, I had failed this test.

 The second chance, I tried the ‘Achievement Test’ in SMPN 1 Denpasar again. And I failed again.

 After that, I started felt despair. However, my parent still supported me. My father said, “This is not the end. When you are in the valley (collapsed condition), try to look around you. Remember, the valley always have limit, the boundary between the valley (failure) and hill (glory), and there is always a way to achieve it. Find that way!”

 Right, there was still one more chance to get the favorite – Junior High School. There was opened a achievement test – entering in SMPN 8 Denpasar. I applied, and took the painting test there. “Thank God”, I had passed the test, and I was able to study there.

 Dear friends, difficult time (period) always exists. To get out faster of that condition, you have to find out and use the hidden good side in that difficult time.

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment