Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I Love Design (Part I) - The Beginning


 Om Swastyastu,


 Sorry, long time no post in blog. It was just about 2 weeks. Yeah, it was because since two weeks ago I was flooded with tasks, whether the tasks of the campus, and my duties as a student designer :P


 Oh, yeah, I have not introduced myself that I am a designer. I am not professional yet, but I have a desire to be professional. Being professional is sometimes not easy. Because many things must be considered and implemented, right, and quickly, without leaving anything that aren’t desirable for what is done. Yes, I’ve always liked and felt challenged to do things that I like to perfect as possible.


 Since I was child I like to draw. There is no talent derived from both my parents. I learned to draw by myself. At first, I just tried to draw a characters-animated cartoon like shown on television. After that, I started to feel the beauty of graphic arts. I tried to draw each character-animated cartoon that shown in television as likely as possible. Indeed, once the time I was kid, a lot of interesting cartoon that shown on TV, unlike the present. upss.


 When I was in elementary school, I used to draw in class when the teacher was teaching. Quite often I was not listening to the teacher’s explanations, then, I got the punishment by the teacher. Haha. It was really embarrassing.


 Then, I became famous in class because my ability. Yes, I can draw well. I felt so proud in that time. But, I cannot do coloring as good as drawing. And one day, I saw my friend can color her draw beautifully. I was jealous, and I want to be good as her in coloring. Then, I saw her techniques in coloring. From there, I was able to imitate her coloring-style. After practicing regularly, I got used to color my draw and began to find my distinctive style of painting. Until my drawing teacher was amazed with the results of my works, then I was invited to attend painting competitions.


 To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment